Wednesday, February 4

Try, Try Again

I have done 9 job interviews in the past two weeks (yeah, I was interviewing before I even got fired). I have had 3 callbacks. I guess this is a numbers game. If I get enough initial interviews, I’ll get a some callbacks, and ultimately a few offers. I’m starting to get used to the rejection. There will be more rejections than not – so I’d better start getting used to it.

I had an extended set of interviews with Tim’s company in Campbell. I had been working with that company in my old job, so I knew a bunch of folks already.

I finally got the chance to meet Heidi. Heidi does phone support for their engineering department and she has an amazingly sexy voice. It is some kind of European accent that I can’t really identify. In some ways it seems Austrian or German and at other times it seems French. Either way she really makes it sound sexy – kind of like Kathleen Turner as Jessica in “Roger Rabbit” but more exotic. So I figured she would look like an East German weightlifter steroid experiment gone awry. It is unlikely that someone with a voice that sexy would actually look like Kathleen Turner (well, back in 1981 – see “Body Heat”).

Turns out, she's a knock-out. Well, OK, not perfect, very pretty but a little heavy set. But frankly – women readers pay attention – a little curvature on a woman is not a bad thing. Hollywood sets the image that heroin addict thin is a good thing – well it’s not. Not for me, anyway. Nor lots of other guys I know.

Also, no ring. Hmmm, I'm still noticing such things.

4 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

Sounds like you've gotten a good start to the job hunt!

:)

Rich said...

Arch, Yup, but it's the end of the job hunt that I worry about ;)

ArchangelDecker said...

What could be the worst thing that could happen?


You bag the job AND the babe? :D

Rich said...

Arch, That'd be too much to hope for.