Monday, February 16

I've got 2 tickets to Paradise

"Let's go somewhere" Lynn (my old BFF and new lover) said, "somewhere exotic."

I've always wanted to go to the British Virgin Islands.

Lynn is turning 30 later this year, so for her birthday I'm getting her a trip - to somewhere exotic.

I just booked 2 tickets San Francisco to Tortola. Upgraded to first class. I knew those frequent flyer miles would come in handy. We fly from SFO to MIA (Miami), where we overnight in a hotel near the airport. That's the only way to avoid a red-eye - which I hate passionately. And I count the 6:00 a.m. flight out of SFO as a red-eye. A red-eye is not any kind of way to start a vacation.

Then from Miami we fly to the British Virgin Islands via San Juan.

I can't wait. We are staying on Tortola for 3 nights. With much fine dining, decadent drinking, and sex planned. Then we have 3 nights on Guana Island. Without knowing where my next paycheck is coming from, I'm not ready to commit myself to a full week at a $1,000+ per night resort. Guana Island is a private island resort with no more than 34 guests on the island at any one time. You can rent the whole thing out (for insane amounts of money), but we just have a bungalow for 2 on the beach.

It will be bliss.

3 comments:

Maurizio said...

That sounds so wonderful. You're a lucky guy (and she's a lucky girl).

Violet said...

Amazing! That is all I can say. Amazing!!!! I am happy for both of you, and extremely jealous ofcourse! lol

Rich said...

Maurizio, Yeah - I'm incredibly lucky - *grin*

Violet, Thanks.