Thursday, February 19

Never Again

"Rich, Are you at home?" came the voice over the phone. It was Lynn. her voice was shaky. She didn't sound right.

"Yeah, are you OK?"

"Can I come over?"

"Of course. You don't even need to ask."

About 20 minutes later there was a knock on my door.

She had a cut on her right cheek. It was fresh and raw. And a bruise around her eye.

"Oh god. Did Jim do this?" She burst into tears. She nodded. She hugged me.

"You are never going near him again." It was not a question, it was a command, and a promise.

I cleaned her up. Then we sat on the couch - and once again she cried herself to sleep in my arms.

5 comments:

Violet said...

Rich, you need to get Lynn to report it. She should get a restraining order on him. If he finds out how your relationship with Lynn has changed, it can be a very dangerous thing for both of you. Please talk to Lynn about reporting it, things will only get worst.

I am very sorry this has happened again. Bastards like that NEVER change.

Maurizio said...

Let's give that fucker a taste of his own medicine

Rich said...

Sorry for the downer of a post

Violet, Thanks. I called the local PD and reported it. She has a new job and we are getting her a new apartment.

Maurizio, I kinda offered that (both noble and surprisingly stupid). First Lynn pointed out that Jim outweighs me by more than 100 pounds (which is true) and that not all of it is fat (not so sure that's true). When that didn't dissuade me she pointed out that he has an ornery disposition, owns firearms, and thinks I'm sleeping with his ex-fiancee. I'm going to run and hide. Let's just avoid the asshole.

ArchangelDecker said...

What a douchebag.

Make sure she gets a restraining order on his ass as well.

Document, document, document.

The both of you are in my prayers.

Maurizio said...

Stay safe