Tuesday, February 17

The best laid plans of mice and men...


Life has been amazingly good.

I'm afraid I might wake up from this impossibly good dream.

Yesterday's plan: pick up Lynn from work. Whisk her off to my place, feed her a great dinner. Open a really good bottle of merlot, and snuggle on the couch. Make mad passionate love until the wee hours of the morning. We sleep in late.

Yesterday's reality: pick up Lynn from work. Whisk her off to my place, feed her a great dinner. Open a really good bottle of merlot, snuggle on the couch. She starts to sob. She buries her face in my chest and starts to really cry. She cries herself to sleep in may arms. I rub her back and run my fingers through her hair. We sleep on the couch.

I don't understand her pain. I wish there was more that I could do for her. I wish I could make her happy.

3 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

Rich~

You ARE doing it for her.

I know it may not seem like a lot, but just being there for her, listening if she wants to talk and leaving things alone when she doesn't, and gently asking if there is anything you can do, is enough.

Violet said...

Rich, it's going to take a while before things fall into place. Before she can really be over Jim she must mourn the loss of the relationship, as bad as it may have been. All you can do is be continue to be her best friend, which is what you have done all along. Be strong for you and for her. She will appreciate that.

Rich said...

Arch and Violet, Thanks.

I know she's going through the whole break up thing. And god knows, I've been there - it's tough.

It's just weird (unsettling?) that we're not in the same place. I mean, I'm so happy. I wish she could be, too.

I'm a patient man. I'll give her all the space and time she needs. And all the support I can.