Wednesday, October 1

About 100 things about me

1. I am a foodie

2. I love to cook

3. I make virtually everything from scratch

4. I think eating is the second greatest sensual pleasure – you can guess the first

5. I garden

6. I only grow ingredients that I can’t buy at the grocery stores (like fresh tomatoes and herbs)

7. Breakfast is my favorite meal

8. I’ve made myself breakfast in bed (I’ve made breakfast in bed for most of my partners)

9. I am decadent

10. I like good wine, but I’m not a wine snob

11. I don’t think less of people just because they drink white zinfandel

12. For a foodie, I’m pretty skinny

13. I’m 6’ 1” and 150 lbs

14. Growing up I was a 98 lb weakling

15. The best meal I ever had was a cheese sandwich

16. In Paris, unpasteurized brie cheese on a freshly baked baguette

17. Shared with a lover and some good wine

18. It cost 3 euros

19. I love to travel

20. The journey is at least half the fun

21. To really get to know someone, take a trip with them

22. I’d rather walk, hike, peddle, paddle, ski, surf, drive, take a train, or a boat than fly

23. Air travel is a terrible way to get from point A to point B

24. If you must travel on an airplane, the smaller the better

25. The only exception is a transoceanic flight – where I prefer a business class seat in the upper deck of a 747

26. OK, I’d really like to be in first class cabin, but – let’s be practical – that’s only gonna happen after I’m a multi-gazillionaire. And, at that point, it’s Gulfstream time.

27. Italy is my favorite country – the food, the wine, the women - it is unparalleled

28. Vancouver is my favorite city

29. I find Paris overrated

30. But no where on earth can you get a better chocolate croissant

31. When life sucks, eat a chocolate croissant

32. Most of the music on my iPod is either jazz or alternative

33. I will not attend a music concert where there are more than 500 people in the audience, what’s the point? Watch it on MTV instead

34. I think live jazz in an intimate club is awesome

35. I drink more than I should

36. I know all the bartenders at my favorite bar

37. And they know me, by name

38. And so do most of the waitstaff

39. I drink pretty expensive wine and alcohol

40. I’m worth it

41. I don’t make enough money to be an alcoholic

42. If I win the lottery, I’m probably in trouble

43. I spend a lot of money on food, too

44. I think life is too short to eat bad food or drink bad wine

45. I was born and raised in Hawaii

46. It wasn’t as much fun as it sounds

47. I’m blond (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haole)

48. But it (growing up in Hawaii) was still pretty good

49. I think women from Hawaii are the most beautiful in the world

50. I think women do not need to be thin to be attractive

51. I think every woman can be sexy

52. I think women who know this are sexier

53. I am a hedonist

54. I am a nerd

55. I live in silicon valley

56. I have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering

57. I have a master’s degree in computer science

58. I work with computers all day (and sometimes all night)

59. I was awarded a patent on a method of designing integrated circuits

60. If I explained it to you, you would probably fall into a coma

61. The patent makes the company that I worked for about $50 million dollars a year

62. The company I worked for gave me a nice plaque when the patent was awarded

63. I quit a week later

64. The CEO came to my office to try to talk me out of quitting

65. He offered me a$5,000 per year raise

66. I quit anyway and took a $5,000 per year pay cut to work for someone else

67. I hold grudges

68. I windsurf

69. I kayak

70. I surf (but much less since I’ve moved from Hawaii to Northern California)

71. I’ve spent more money on water sports gear than I did on my pickup truck

72. I can’t believe I bought a pickup truck, nor can my friends, it is sooo not me

73. I have never received a ticket for a moving violation (well, I’ve never been caught)

74. I can type over 45 words per minute using only my right hand

75. I was hit by a drunk driver one night, in a head on collision - the other driver crossed the center line

76. The driver that hit me just kept on driving – it was a hit and run

77. The police caught the guy the next day

78. His passenger turned him in

79. He was never convicted

80. The sub-compact car I was driving was totaled

81. The driver’s side door and the left front wheel of my car were torn off in the crash

82. It’s unbelievable to me that the other driver was able to drive away

83. He was driving a big old Ford pickup truck

84. That was the only time I was ever rode in an ambulance

85. I have 12 titanium screws and pins in my left arm

86. And a really cool scar

87. I usually wear long sleeved shirts, even when its hot outside

88. After the accident I bought a big Ford pickup truck

89. All the fingers on my left hand work fine, now

90. The doctors told me they probably wouldn’t

91. People tell me I’m attractive

92. Personally, I can’t see it. I think I’m rather ugly

93. That doesn’t bother me, unless I hear girls swooning over a cute guy

94. I am weak and easily led astray

95. A photographer once told me that I am attractive enough be a model

96. I think she used that line more than once before

97. She took a lot of pictures of me naked (that is, I was naked, not her)

98. So I can never run for public office

99. After she was done taking pictures, she had her way with me

100. She didn’t need to use that line, she had me at “Hello”

101. She gave me some pictures of her

102. I still have them

103. I’m sentimental

104. I was engaged to be married once

105. I bought her a big expensive diamond ring

106. I asked her dad for her hand and his blessing

107. I spent months working with wedding planners, caterers, florists, and my future mother-in-law – it was hell

108. I was left at the altar (well, not quite, she dumped me 2 days before the wedding)

109. It hurt a lot more than I thought it would

110. She was my best friend and my lover

111. I still love her and wish her nothing but the best

112. But right now I think all women are scum (well, not really)

113. That won’t last long, as I truly adore women

114. Life without the influence of women, would be truly unbearable

3 comments:

JenBun said...

There are a lot of things on here I agree with... ;)

d said...

I personally agree with everything minus not judging people that drink white zin...

My friends and I have a motto we live by: Friends never let friends drink pink wine.

p.s. thanks for lurking, sir.

rawbean said...

Good choice on Vancouver being your favorite city!