Wednesday, February 25

Lynn's new apartment

Lynn got her new apartment yesterday. I drove her over to the complex she selected in Los Gatos. After seeing a bunch of apartments with her, I knew that she would pick the one with the large bedroom and a big walk-in closet. The complex is pretty nice, with a pool and Jacuzzi, washers and dryers in the units and 24 hour security. It’s pretty expensive, but she got a nice raise with the new job.

She didn’t ask me to share the apartment with her. She told me that she needs some space and time to heal. I don’t really understand it, but the break up with Jim has been really hard on her. She was with him for about 4 years and they were engaged.

The apartment is just a few miles from her new job. And even closer to one of the companies that I have an offer from.

She signed all the paperwork in the rental office. She got 3 sets of keys, we walked over to the apartment she picked out and we went inside. It had the smell of new to it. We kissed. “Why didn’t we get together back in college?” she asked me while hugging me in the empty apartment.

“I don’t know", I replied. She was the cute – and smart – undergrad who was in a couple of my graduate level computer classes. She always got special attention from the TAs – who were always guys. She had very long black hair (which she still has) which is very eye catching. But this was not that distinctive, in Hawaii anyway. As I recall I tried to flirt with her, but got no response. Back then I was rather smitten with Karen – bit that’s a whole ‘nother story.

Later today we will be moving her stuff from her townhouse in Milpitas to her new apartment. A mutual friend who understands the situation has agreed to get Jim out of the house and keep him out for 4 hours. So we can get her stuff out without worrying about running into him.

“So which job are you going to take?” she asked.

“I’m still deciding. The commute to company B would be really convenient from here. But company A just seems like the right thing to do.”

“You’re going to pick company B. I know it.”

3 comments:

Violet said...

Like I said previously, no matter how bad the previous relationship was, she still needs time to grieve the loss or gain, however she may see it. Give her the space she needs and don't rush things more than she wants them rushed.

I am glad she is moving forward with her life. Did you ever get her that one book? She should still read it.

ArchangelDecker said...

" She told me that she needs some space and time to heal. I don’t really understand it, but the break up with Jim has been really hard on her. She was with him for about 4 years and they were engaged. "


I agree with Violet. It is a very long, very difficult thing to come to terms with when you love a person and they are to marry you, and then have them abuse you. I know, something similar happened to me.

Hit me up in email if you wish to talk. :)


Arch

Petunia said...

If you "don't understand" now you'd better hurry up and start. Maybe try standing her her shoes and imaging what it must be like for her. That could go a long way for you right about now.