Friday, February 6

City of the Cats

On Wednesday I went for an interview over at Tim’s company in Campbell. Yesterday, Lynn had an interview there, too. One of us is a shoe in for the job, as they are a supplier to our old company. We talked with their support folks and engineers on the phone all the time. We both know their products pretty well. They know us pretty well. Networking is a great way to get a new job.

Last night I met Tim and Lynn at the Los Gatos Brewing company, along with Lynn’s friend and her friend's significant other.

Tim and Lynn arrived together - fresh from her interview. It was funny, when I saw them together I got a twinge of jealousy - something about the way they look, the way they move together. Isn't that sick? I mean, I don't have her (and probably never will) and I'm jealous of yet another guy who doesn't have her.

I arrived from another interview so I was dressed up. Tim arrived from work and was dressed down in an old leather jacket - he rides a motorcycle. I think we looked like total opposites. He has dark hair and skin and a stocky build. I’m tall and lanky with light hair and skin. We sat on opposite sides of Lynn in a booth and across from her friends.

The food and drink there were good, but a bit on the pricey side for us unemployed folks. Never-mind, I still have a big severance check – and unemployment should kick in soon.

A good dinner was had by all. Afterwards we took a walk through downtown Los Gatos. I overheard Lynn talking with her friend, she was showing off "her men." Her friend was impressed but laughed, she thought we were a real “Leather and Lace” pair – I guess that would make me the lace. Oh, well.

At the end of the evening, I walked Lynn to her car and kissed her goodnight. She headed back to her house in Milpitas.

1 comment:

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.