Friday, February 13

She got the job

I found out that I didn't get the job at Tim's company in a most unusual way. Lynn called with awesome news. She got the job (and there was only one position, so - by process of elimination - I didn't get it). She turned in her resignation to Dave and then called me. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed at not getting the job myself, but pleased that she got it and was able to land one so quickly.

To celebrate, we lunched late at the McCormick and Schmick’s seafood restaurant in downtown San Jose, with a bottle of champagne - and when that ran out we had another. I couldn't resist getting a room at the Fairmont across the street. (I also couldn't drive anywhere). It was expensive and extravagant, but life is short. Unless I find a job soon, I’ll be in the poor house. But this was worth it. We went upstairs and made love and napped in each others arms until early in the evening.

Lynn headed back to Milpitas at about 7:00 to get some fresh clothes. She's been staying at my place since the vodka incident, except for one night. Tonight, we'll stay at the Fairmont and have room service breakfast in bed for valentines day. Damn, that sounds awesome. I'm calling for a late check-out.

With her new place of employment determined, she wants to start looking for a new apartment tomorrow. Jim is history. I'm so glad that she's finally leaving him for good.

I sat down on the bed and looked out over San Jose and pondered the future. I could still smell Lynn on the pillows.

It is so wonderful having my best friend as my lover.

5 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

"It is so wonderful having my best friend as my lover."


It's even better when you get to marry them. :)

Rich said...

Arch, is FH your BFF and lover? If so, wow, you're truly blessed. I'm envious.

Violet said...

Rich, if this isn't what true love really is, than I don't know what is! Your lover and best friend should always be the same person. I am extremely happy for you and Lynn. Happy V-day!!!!

ArchangelDecker said...

Rich~

Yes, my FH is my best friend and the only man I can honestly say I have ever truly loved, other than my father.

I wake up every day knowing full well of how rare that is. :)

Rich said...

Violet, Thanks! It is truly wonderful.

Arch, You are very lucky. You take good care of that guy.