Sunday, January 25

Surfing

Life's been pretty messed up lately.

Today I met up with an old friend and we went down to Santa Cruz and did a bit of surfing. The change of pace was nice. I did call my friend Lynn from the beach to see how she was doing. Her life's been kinda messed up, too. She seemed more cheerful than I expected her to be. Seems like she's OK. That's good.

After surfing we hosed off (literally) and stopped at the crow's nest for a beer and some girl watching.

The weather was good enough for me to go home and toss a chicken on the barbecue. My house mates helped me eat it. I drank a bottle oaky buttery california chardonnay with it.

2 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

When I used to run half marathons, there was nothing like a good 10 miler to clear ones head.

PS: How the heck do you stand that cold ass Pacific Ocean? I'm an East Coaster and when I went to the beach once with my FH, I dang near froze my tookis off in June it was so cold! :P

Rich said...

Arch, It's about 49 F in the waters off Santa Cruz now. Most folks there surf in a wetsuit. I have a drysuit with 3mm gloves and 6mm booties. Keeps me pretty toasty - but yesterday my hands got completely numb.