Monday, January 12

Mile High Night-Club

Its 2:00 a.m. pacific time, and I can’t sleep in these cramped seats (I am 6’ 1’’). So I might as well blog.

Things could be worse. I did get into United’s economy plus seats (extra 5” of legroom) and Meg (the wonder girl from travel) got me a whole mess of free drink coupons.

The flight attendant just came by with the drink cart. I was sitting next to Eric at the start of the flight, but it's pretty empty so he took the open row in front of me. I noticed Eric passed on a drink. I ordered a bottle of red wine (single serving airline size)and gave the flight attendant 2 drink coupons. “...and get the guy in the front of me anything he wants.” I told the flight attendant.

The flight attendant looked at me with a shocked expression “You want to buy him a drink?”

“Uh, yeah” I really should have added “don’t you think he’s sexy?”

“Are you sure” he asked. He clearly thought I was making a serious error in judgment. I’m not sure if he thought that Eric was out of my league (or wasn’t good enough for me), or that he was offended that I might be trying to pick someone up in-flight (I think it was the former).

“Yeah, I’m sure”

The flight attendant talked to Eric for a minute. Then came back to me and said “he didn’t want anything” – sounding very relieved - and handed me back my drink coupon.

I banged on Eric’s seat. “Hey, I have free drinks from Meg,” and showed him the coupon.

“Oh cool” Eric grabbed the coupon and got a beer from the flight attendant.

8 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

Meg is a treasure indeed.

Maurizio said...

I think the FA was just jealous. I haven't had an FA in a long time.

Rich said...

Arch, She's great!

Maurizio, (sigh) I've never had an FA

JenBun said...

I agree-- I think the flight attendant wanted a little Rich attention!! ;)

Definitely stay on the good side of the gal who gets you free drinks... and Eric should feel very flattered indeed! LOL

Rich said...

JenBun, Well, if he wanted some Rich attention, he should have bought me a drink! I'd even flash him a little nipple for that ;)

JenBun said...

NICE! You man-slut! ;) (KIDDING!)

But now we know a way in...

Rich said...

Yup, I'm easy. Buy me a drink and you can have your way with me.

JenBun said...

Sounds like a deal to me! ;)