Thursday, January 1

Happy New Year

It is my practice to greet the New Year in a quite contemplative way. I chilled a bottle of Mumms Champagne (cordon rouge brut) and sat in the back yard, alone, greeting the New Year in my bathrobe (Hef style) with a check for $1,000,000 in my pocket.

Well, OK, the check was written by me, to me, and it would bounce terribly if I tried to cash it. One day it won’t.

There was what sounded like gunfire and a few bottle rockets that went off at midnight. I finished the last of my champagne and turned in at about 12:30.

2008 was not the best year for me - left at the altar, lost a really great girl, lost a really good job throwing a tantrum.

But that's all in the past.

May 2009 be a good year for us all.

4 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

Have a happy new year! :)


PS: 'lost a really good job throwing a tantrum'


That sounds like quite a story. :)

Rich said...

Decker, Yeah, that's a long story. Maybe I'll do a flashback post.

Short version: I thought the company was giving me and my colleagues the shaft. After a long discussion with management, they told me "well, there's nothing much you can do, is there?" And I replied, "yeah, there is - You'll have my resignation by the end of the day." And I gave it to them.

JenBun said...

I'll drink to that!

Happy 2009, my dear... may it bring you riches (not necessarily the monetary kind) and much delight... :)

Rich said...

Thanks, JenBun. Happy new year.