Monday, January 26

IM Chat

Lynn: where have u been?

Rich: I’m right here

I’m in my office, she’s in hers – we are sitting about 30 feet apart. I'm hanging out in her office a bit less since Dave (boss man) has been on my case about it. So we chat by IM.

Lynn: You don’t come round anymore

She’s right. I did not go over to her house this weekend, I’m sitting in her office less (because of Dave) and going over to her house less because I don't want to see Jim there, and if Jim's not there, well, it's not a real good idea to go over. The result is I've seen her a lot less than normal. Which is tough since I want to be there for her.

Rich: Yeah – been busy

Lynn: Is this cuz I wouldn’t sleep with u?

Uh, yeah, for new readers, she declined my advances but, you need to read this for it to make sense

Rich: No!
Rich: But – I know – it got weird.

Lynn: Why?

Rich: idk – the kiss jim hit you

Lynn: I miss you

Rich: Let’s talk live – but not here
Rich: Starbucks in 5?

We met down at the local Starbucks. “Rich, you are blowing this way out of proportion.” Lynn said, laughing it off. “We had a fight. It’s not the end of the world.”

I looked at her with skepticism.

“I yelled. He yelled. We threw things. We broke things. And, yeah, in the heat of the moment he took a swing at me”

“And hit you.” I interrupted.

“Yeah – but he’s not an abusive guy. You know that. Do you really think I'm that dumb? He’s like a big puppy dog, he nips and then you need to whack him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. And I was pissed for a while. But we get over it. We clean up the mess. And then we have make-up sex”

OH JEEZ. I did NOT need to hear that! On so many levels.

“People fight” she continued. “life isn’t always perfect. And you can’t keep it bottled up inside.” She paused “Rich, quit acting so weird. Can you come over tonight?”

“Umm”

“Please, Rich. I want things the way they used to be”

“OK.”

I gave her a hug and we went back to the office.

She is wearing her ring again.

I don't fell good about this, but she might be right. I may be be taking this out of proportion.

5 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

" I may be be taking this out of proportion."

No, you are not. SHE is. If he hit her once, he will do it again.

Hand her a towel and tell her it's for when she decides to get out of the river of denial.

Violet said...

Rich, you are not taking this out of proportion!!! No way!!!

First it's this and then it escalates. An abuser is always an abuser. They can only hide it for so long. Have you bought her the book yet? I bet if you did he wouldn't want her to read it! or be pissed off at her for thinking she needs to read it.

Rich said...

Arch, thats a cute way to put it.

Violet, I ordered the book, has not yet arrived.

Had dinner with them last night - no tension, no ugliness - they were happier than usual. Jim seemed particularly well behaved.

Dunno.

Valley Girl said...

Good luck with this!

Rich said...

Thanks, Val.