Tuesday, January 13

It's Freaking Cold!!


Forecast high temperature in Minneapolis today? -3 , wind chill of -25!

Yup. That's the High. Low of -10.

Not C - that's F - for Freaking cold!

I'm in Minneapolis on a business trip with my co-worker Eric, whom I don't think has ever seen anything more than a heavy frost.

Eric is dying. I brought expedition weight capiline thermal underwear. (I can't believe that I'm blogging about my underwear) But this stuff will keep you warm for over an hour when worn under a wet-suit when immersed in freezing water (which wicks hear away about 25 times faster than cold air). Even though we are only going from the car to the office or hotel, Eric is really having a hard time walking even 50 feet outside. I'm doing OK, but I forgot to bring a hat - any more than a minute or two outside and my ears will get frostbite. Eric just brought a heavy jacket.

I don't know how people live here. It's crazy.

9 comments:

Valley Girl said...

I'm in California and I'm wearing a t-shirt today! Jealous? =)

Rich said...

Val, I am sooo jealous. But tomorrow it's going to warm up to 13. And by Thursday I'll be back in California - and I can thaw out.

Violet said...

It felt like summer today for me in So. Ca. I would not be able to handle anything below 44 degrees F!!!

ArchangelDecker said...

'I can't believe that I'm blogging about my underwear'


And in the previous post, you said you're 6'1".


IDK about the other ladies, but I feel a wolf whistle coming on. :P

Rich said...

Violet, more jealousy. You guys just wait till I snag the business trip to Fiji - we'll see who's jealous then.

Arch, woo! Thanks. Been a while since I've had a wolf whistle. I need to do more underwear posts ;)

JenBun said...

I second the underwear posts!

Wait, are we both talking about posts IN your underwear?? ;)

Rich said...

JenBun, Hmmm - maybe underwear posts in my underwear?

JenBun said...

Underwear pics in underwear posts in your underwear! :P

(I never know when to quit.)

Rich said...

JenBun, You don't know when to quit. Cool.

Sorry, no underwear pics. I do not have the body of an underwear model. (But I wish I did.)