Friday, June 5

Yoshi's

Last night I went to Yoshi's and saw Herb Alpert - legendary Jazz trumpet player (and the "A" in "A & M records" you might have heard of them). I bought 2 tickets a couple of weeks ago - really wanting to see the show and believing that I'd have someone to drag along with me. Yeah, the hopefulness that I'd be able to get a date.

I went alone. Determined to live my life as I want to - regardless of the girlfriend situation.

Damn, it was depressing. I felt pathetic.

The music was great. Ambiance wonderful. It was amazing to see Herb play live. But I really missed sharing it with someone.

Not even Maurizio was available.

Next time I'll just download some iTunes.

2 comments:

Violet said...

It's Friday! Did you cancel with her?

Rich said...

Sigh. No. But I did try to get some adult supervision. That didn't work. I'm off - wish me luck.