Tuesday, June 9

Injured


Monday I limped into the office a bit late - still a bit fuzzy from the weekend's festivities. My ankle is still quite painful from the fall that I took the prior weekend. Anyway, Pete notices that I'm limping, and asks about it. A lot of the folks in the office are runners. "Running injury?" he inquires. Pete is notoriously competitive (as most folks at the office are). I suspect if I said yes he'd go out and get a worse running injury - just to show me up.

"Nope" I reply.

"Soccer?" he asks.

"No, uh 'dating', actually." and I hobble off to my desk leaving him nodding but with a very confused look on his face.

4 comments:

Violet said...

LOL!!!!! who knew dating could give a sprained ankle?!?!!?

Petunia said...

I love that answer!

JenBun said...

Whooooo!!! I'll bet they're ALL wondering how you could hurt your ankle in the sack!

I think I have some ideas... ;)

(Though, of course, WE know the truth-- it's rough out there!)

Hope it's feeling better soon!

Rich said...

Dating is a very dangerous contact sport. Never underestimate the bad things that can happen.

Jenbun,not sure how one busts an ankle in the sack - but the mind reels! I'm sure their imagination is better than anything that I could come up with.