Monday, April 20

'nother Party

“You need a party.” It was Steve calling from Seattle. “It will take your mind off everything. Can you be here on Saturday night? I can round up a bunch of Hawaii folks and we can have a good barbecue.” Steve is an all around good guy that I met while living in the dorms at the University of Hawaii. He is originally from Hilo and now lives in Seattle. Kinda reminds me of the scene from “Animal House”. When everything falls apart, go on a road trip.

“Barbecue? Isn't it too early in the season?”

“Just think deep deep deep Manoa Valley" - a place in Hawaii where it rains a lot; the deeper in the valley, the more it rains. "Actually, it’s been pretty sunny up here lately. Most of the rain has been going north this year.” Steve informed me.

I'm not sure how he knew I needed a party (I suspect Maurizio). But, frankly, I've kinda gotten to the place where I'm not going to bother trying to cheer myself up. Nothing seems to work, and the attempts feel - in a way - pathetic. Anyway, it is very nice of him to offer, and it will be great to see him again.

So, this week I'll be canceling the trip to the BVI, and trying to get my frequent flyer miles back from American Airlines so I can get a free trip to Seattle.

Also, I'm going to get all "Martha Stewart" on my garden. I've neglected it for weeks and it is over grown with weeds and bugs. Someday, I'll probably want to eat again, and when I do I'll need the fresh tomatoes and herbs from the garden.

3 comments:

Petunia said...

Any time of the year is a good time for a Hawaiian party! I lived there for a few years and the parties and the food were some of the best ever! Better to go hang with friends than be alone in the VI. You've got some FAB friends!

Violet said...

..maybe sometime in your garden will cheer you up to! it helps me relax a lot!

Rich said...

Petunia, I do have some great friends.

Violet, gardening used to make me happy. It will again one day.