Thursday, April 2

I need to get out of here

I need a vacation. I need to sit on a white sand beach in the south pacific. Feel the warm tradewinds in my hair. Listen to the waves crash on the beach. I need to get right in the head - get back to normal.

(cue scratching record player sound)

But that's not gonna happen. I have a new job and no vacation time. I work most weekends.

I'm going to take the weekend off and go up to Mendocino. The weather has turned nice here in Northern California.

I hope it will be enough.

10 comments:

hehesnort said...

Rich,
Sometimes all you need is a weekend. It's similar to when you can't solve a problem you've been pondering for hours. You walk away from it for 5 minutes and come back and voila! you find your answer. I live near the Rocky Mountains in Canada and just getting in the car and driving to the mountains for the weekend does a world of good to soothe the soul. Keep your chin up buddy.

Rich said...

Hehe, my old friend, I need something soul soothing. The Canadian rockies are beautiful. I spent a week in Banff, once upon a time. Beautiful.

JenBun said...

Mendo is lovely... and will be the perfect place to spend some YOU time!

I wish I was there right now...

Peace to you, my dear! :)

ArchangelDecker said...

If nature doesn't quite help out, there is always Las Vegas. :)

Rich said...

JenBun, Thanks, it should be nice.

Ahrc, Ah, Vegas. There's no place quite like it. Reno is closer for me, but nothing rises to the level of sinfulness and decadence as Vegas.

All, I'm off - see you Monday.

Valley Girl said...

Take me with you? I so need a holiday. =(

Rich said...

Val, Aww - I got your message after I already left. It can be really great to get away for a weekend.

hehesnort said...

So...how was the trip...

Violet said...

Rich, I hope the time away helped you! :-)

Rich said...

hehe, I had fun.

Violet, yeah, it helped. (contented sigh)