Thursday, October 1

After hours office visit

Well, I guess Heidi picked up on my bad mood over the last couple of days. Or maybe she was feeling guilty about going off for the weekend without me. Not sure which. But tonight she stopped by the office at about 8. She knew I would be working late (we've been in a real push lately, so everyone's putting in long hours, hence the lack of posts - too much work and nothing of note happening in my life.) Anyway, she called from her car and said she was in the parking lot, and asked me to open the back door for her.

I met here there and let her in. We went up to my cubicle, where she produced a bottle of champagne and a quart of very delicious looking strawberries. Hmm, she's picking up this decadence thing pretty well.

So there I am with a flute of champagne in my hand and Heidi is putting a big fat strawberry in my mouth, and who walks around the corner, but the executive VP. This guy basically runs the place. The CEO is the leader, but day to day operations are handled by the Exec VP. He looks at me and says (rather loudly and in an accusing tone) "What the fuck is this?"

Which is OK, every third word out of his mouth is an f-bomb. That's just the way he is. And he's good enough and rich enough not to care. Yeah, it's not very professional, but that's the way he expresses himself.

Heidi, who has never met him, goes pale. She must have believed that she just got me into a world of trouble. That was not the case and I knew it.

I gave the VP my best confused look (I'm really good at that) "What do you mean?"

"Strawberries? Champagne?" he replied.

"I thought... " I paused for dramatic effect "I, I thought that was company policy. When you work late you get a beautiful blonde with strawberries and champagne." (trying to look confused again) "This happens every night, right?"

The VP laughed. "Only thing I get when I work late is a ration of shit!"

He proceeded to introduce himself to Heidi and was quite charming. He took a strawberry, and moved on.

Heidi whispered to me "I almost peed myself. Is he always like that?"

"He's harmless." I told her.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Oh my gosh, Heidi must have been in the biggest shock of her life!

Mmmm, champagne and strawberries sound so good!