Wednesday, May 20

Someone Got Lucky

This morning, after my paddle I was making some fresh squeezed orange juice for myself and a glass for Amanda. She usually comes out to chat when she hears me working in the kitchen in the mornings. Kinda like a cat when you bang her food bowls. I think I may be spoiling her.

"Someone got lucky" she said in a sing song voice.

I gave her a scowl - "Don't rub it in" I thought it was rather rude of her to say that to a currently sex deprived guy.

"What do you mean, didn't you have fun?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't you just come out of the double occupancy bedroom?"

"You never made it home Monday night. I just assumed... Oh." She looked a bit embarrassed. I didn't realize that she was keeping tabs on me.

"I, uh, kinda overindulged at the brewery in Half Moon Bay. Ended up crashing (figuratively not literally) at a nearby motel."

"Wow, you must really been plastered."

"Well, a few too many to drive." (I don't drink and drive since the accident) I regaled her with my story of not being able to pick-up anyone all night - and ultimately getting a motel room for one. She found it all a bit too amusing for my taste. I hope I wasn't being laughed at.

We were laughing together when Jason came out (he's the guy she shares the room with). He gave us a grumpy look - I'm suspecting a bit jealous. He doesn't need to worry. I would not come between them.

2 comments:

Petunia said...

Hahaha on the cat and dish comment! As for Amanda, she seems a bit dim and if she is getting up to see you, Jason might very well have a problem. Maybe he should put out more of an effort than just putting out.

Rich said...

I'm pretty sure she's there for the food (like a hungry cat). She seems to have quickly become accustomed to a glass of fresh squeezed oj and some french roast in the morning - and whatever I'm cooking if I happen to be in the mood.