Thursday, May 14

Slowly.... getting better

This morning, after going for my usual paddle, I took my laundry to my local dry cleaner's. It was the funniest thing. I walked in and the girl behind the counter knew who I was. That's not too surprising, I've been going there for about 10 months. But I didn't really know her. I mean, I recognized her. I think she's been there for 4 months or so.

She's beautiful. I mean, I used to notice that kind of thing on the first glance (ever since puberty). I've seen her for months - but never noticed her.

I realized that I haven't look at a woman (other than my love) "in that way" for, I can't remember how long - probably at least 4 years. When I am in love - you know, really in love - I just don't even notice other women. It's weird. I can't explain it.

But, wow, she's beautiful. And I was oblivious.

I thought about it - I have noticed a few women, Heidi - for one, and of course, Helen. there have been a few others - but not many.

Am I letting go? Opening myself up to new opportunities? Maybe.

I've put on a few pounds. Not a lot, but the appetite is starting to come back.

Slowly... getting better.

6 comments:

Petunia said...

You are quite the man. I am so glad that you are looking to turn that corner. "Go team Rich!"

JenBun said...

So glad to see that, Rich...

And if you're calling women beautiful again... sounds like a good time for you to visit! ;)

Rich said...

Petunia, Thanks.

Rich said...

JenBun, All women are beautiful - you can visit any time

Valley Girl said...

That's awesome! Its definitely a good sign.

ArchangelDecker said...

I'm so happy things are looking up for you! :)