Monday, July 6

Embarassed

Sunday afternoon I was out paddling in the Santa Cruz yacht harbor - warming up to go out on the bay. (And working off the hangover that was induced by Heidi's father.) I noticed this cute blonde dressed in a tiny tank top and an even tinier turquoise bikini bottom. She was in a laser. She was rigging her sails, making her way out of the harbor. She looked up and saw me. I smiled at her. I puffed out my chest and picked up my pace a bit. I really try to be an intelligent man of the new millennium - but like a cave man, I needed to show off my muscle power. Why do I do that? Gotta be a hormonal problem.

Anyway, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

And then...

Crash!

I crashed into the dock, not a glancing blow. I plowed into it hard. If I had a fiberglass boat, I would have broken it. Fortunately I have a cheap plastic boat, and it just bounced off the dock. Everything intact, but my ego. But it made a huge noise. People turned to look. I'm pretty sure I turned beet red.

Sailor girl held her hand over her mouth and laughed, then shook her head. Then she went back to her rigging.

5 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

I would have thought it was cute, especially if you had blushed! Shame on her for not taking the opportunity to at least ask if you were ok! :)

Petunia said...

I really needed something to make me laugh today and you have done it! Thank you! :)

JenBun said...

Hey, at least you made an impression! I would find that endearing. :)

Rich said...

Arch, She could see I was OK. And she was undersail in the channel - sailing etiquette demands that you focus on your boat, and not stop to flirt, when you're in the active waterway.

Betsy, glad I could help.

JenBun, Yeah, I know how to make an impression! Thanks!

ArchangelDecker said...

Quote: sailing etiquette demands that you focus on your boat, and not stop to flirt, when you're in the active waterway.


Which is why I don't sail! :P