Monday, October 20

Day 3


Bodega Bay to Gualala. 48 miles.

Woke up early, surprised at my lack of a headache. Champagne usually does that to me. There wasn’t much wind, but I took the windsurfer out and sailed back and forth on the bay. The water was virtually flat. Cleaned up the equipment and showered before check-out time. Grabbed lunch on the way out of town (deep fried fish, not worth writing about). Continued the drive north on 1 to Gualala. Yup, that’s a real name of a place.

Made my first use of the camping equipment Gualala point regional park. Stopped at a grocery store and bought provisions including a steak, which I grilled on the hibachi and a potato that I wrapped in foil and “baked” on the coals. Shared a good bottle of cabernet with a nice retired couple parked in an RV near my campsite. They were making their way down the coast from Alaska.

I’m not much of a camping guy, but once in a while it’s good to sleep out under the stars and get some fresh air. Slept surprisingly well

No comments: