Sunday, October 19

Day 2


San Francisco to Bodega Bay. 71 miles

After lazing over the Sunday paper with a pot of coffee and a room service breakfast at the Westin – I continued my drive north on highway 1 at the crack of noon. Over the Golden Gate Bridge. Made my way to Bolinas, just past Stinson beach. Stinson beach is, imho, just a little too yuppie for my tastes. But Bolinas still has some real life to it. I grabbed a fish sandwich on the back deck of the Coast Café (very tasty) and a beer. Note to self, come back for more good food – I could be come a regular here.

The wind was up – probably 12 to 15 knots and the waves weren’t too high. Took the windsurfer out and rode for a couple hours. Hosed off on the beach then continued north with the heater on full blast trying to ward off the hypothermia. It’s starting to get a little cold north of San Francisco. I stopped for the night in Bodega Bay. Went to the grocery store and bought a bottle of Mumm’s champagne. Chilled it in the sink of the motel room and drank it all for dinner, looking out over the bay.

Hmmm. Feeling lonely. Is drinking alone a sign of a problem?


No comments: