Wednesday, September 9

There is a God

Fate.

Kismet.

Bachi.

Karma.

Time wounds all heels.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Call it what you like. It is real. There is a power that binds the universe together. And you will reap what you sew.

I never thought it would happen. But it did. If you are still reading, Tim and Lynn are no longer a couple. I'm really sorry that I care. But I do. I really do.

It turns out that Lynn caught Tim at work kissing another woman. I mean really kissing her.

I first heard about it from Heidi. Yeah, I'm still with Heidi - and that's why I stopped blogging. I was embarrassed about what happened with her. I'll fill you in, but, yeah, we slept together. Not my most shining moment.

Anyway, I was over at Heidi's house and she was being really apprehensive about something. She was pacing and kneading her hands - acting really unusual. I asked her what was wrong. She started sobbing. She told me that Tim and Lynn had broken up.

OK. Before we slept together I came clean with her. I told her everything about me and Lynn. Yes, *everything*. I told her I was still in love with Lynn. She wanted me anyway. And against my better judgment (OK I'll post what happened) I slept with her anyway. Yeah, I suck.

Anyway she told me that the gossip at work was that Lynn caught Tim kissing another girl in the cafeteria, and she confronted him. As I understand it, he asked, "what, you can't share me?" (an obvious reference to the ugliness). She's OK to ask her lovers to share her. But she's not willing to live on a two way street.

I had lunch with Linda who gave me more details. Seems that Lynn is heartbroken. (Yeah! is that wrong?) She told Linda about the fact that Tim wanted Lynn to share him. Lynn said "No way!" Linda said that she wanted to punch her when she heard that. For new readers, go to the start of the blog and read.

Payback's a bitch. What goes around comes around - and all those other cliches.

Seriously. I have not been this happy in a long time. I know it's wrong. So wrong. But I can't help it. I'm so happy and I want to tell the world!!!

7 comments:

Violet said...

I have no words to what I just read. I don't know what my reaction really is (kind of conflicting). But I do know that I am happy you are back...you had your readers worried. I will have to think about a real comment for this post

Petunia said...

Welcome back, Rich! You have been missed. After watching a dismal return of Melrose Place, I was so happy to find the next chapter in your life posted today. You really should think about writing a drama for TV. No one can make this stuff up!

As for Lynn, one question. Can you really love someone and be happy they are hurting no matter what the cause? I get that there is some validation for you in what is happening with her. I would feel the same way but maybe by this time you are more in love with the idea of her than with her? Sorry, that was two questions.

What was so embarrassing about Heidi?

Copy write your blog! Think about writing a script.

ArchangelDecker said...

"She's OK to ask her lovers to share her. But she's not willing to live on a two way street."


The mills of God grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine, yea?

Rich said...

Violet, Thanks for checking in. I don't know how I feel about this either. My head says I shouldn't care, but my heart does. My head says don't call her - my heart has me staring at the phone. If I have an ounce of intelligence in my body - I'll learn from the pain. My heart is stupid. Sigh.

Betsy, Thanks. I don't think I could be a writer. I only have one story - and I could not have made it up. I could not have imagined this.

As I think about it, I'm really so happy that shes not with him anymore. God that feels so good. And, yes, dammit, I am a bit happy that she might know some measure of what she put me through - even if it hurt. I don't know what I feel.

Script? Hmm, Owen Wilson would play me (I kinda look like him). Maggie Q as Lynn and Ben Affleck as Maurizio. It would be a chick flick - but it needs a good ending - I'm not seeing it. Me turning into a lonely bitter old man just aint gonna cut it.

Arch, Thanks.

Maurizio said...

Whoa, Owen Wilson!?! No, no, no. You'd be played by a young James Spader. Hes much closer to your look and demeanor.

And Ben Affleck for me? I dont think so. An older Heath Ledger, please.

Lucy Liu as Lynn. Kinda has a ring to it.

Who would play Sarah?

Rich said...

Sorry, Maurizio, you can't chose a dead actor to play you. It needs to be someone alive and in the right age range - otherwise I get Robert Redford at 35 to play me.

Petunia said...

James Spader is hot!