Sunday, September 13

Did you call her?

"Who?" I feigned ignorance. I don't know why.

Heidi scoffed on the other end of the phone. "Lynn."

"No." I said as steadily as I could.

"Are you going to?"

"I don't know."

"Why wouldn't you?"

"I don't particularly care to be someone's second choice." My brain was clearly in charge today.

"Hmm."

"And, she treated me pretty badly. I don't need that." I wish I could believe what I was saying.

"You're staring to sound smart."

No, I just told my heart to shut the f**k up.

4 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

Quote: No, I just told my heart to shut the f**k up.


You have both my sympathy and my empathy. BTDT.

Betsy said...

I have thought a lot about what to say to all your up dates. Arch said what I was thinking. I do know one day, if you let it, that ache will stop. I will also say maybe what you are doing won't hassen that monent. But none of that matters. You will find your way. :)

Rich said...

Arch, Thanks.

Betsy, So what would hasten it?

Betsy said...

I really don't know. I think it's time that finally works it out.

(Oops...bad typo..hassen? What word it that?!)